Looking for a cocktail that will set your taste buds on fire but be incredibly refreshing? Look no further than Granddad Jack's signature Highway 8 cocktail. Made with Two Pencils Gin and a homemade chilli and coconut syrup, this drink is a perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
Here's what you'll need to make this delicious cocktail:
Recipe for Highway 8 cocktail:
- 60ml Two Pencils Gin
- 30ml Chilli/coconut Syrup
- 15ml Coconut water
- 15ml Lime juice
- Dehydrated chilli/coconut, for garnish
- Chilli king cube
To make the chilli/coconut syrup, you'll need:
- 2-3 birds eye chilli
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Combine 2-3 birds eye chilli and coconut flakes in a saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to the saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Strain the syrup and keep it refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
Once you've made your syrup, it's time to build your cocktail:
- Add 60ml of Two Pencils Gin, 30ml of chilli/coconut syrup, 15ml of coconut water, and 15ml of lime juice to a shaker with ice.
- Shake the mixture well.
- Strain the mixture over a chilli king cube into a rocks glass.
- Garnish the glass by adding coconut to the side and topping the cocktail with a dehydrated chilli. You can also freeze the king cube with the chilli for an extra fancy touch.
ALTERNATE SERVING OPTION: Once shaken, pour entire contents from the shaker into a balloon glass and top with more ice. See below:
The Highway 8 cocktail is the perfect choice for anyone who appreciates a little heat. With Two Pencils Gin, chilli/coconut syrup, coconut water, and lime juice, this cocktail is a true flavour bomb. And with our easy-to-follow recipe, you can make it at home and impress your friends with your mixology skills.