Welcome to Granddad Jack's, the home of award-winning spirits and handcrafted cocktails! With tasting room locations in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast, our distilleries are a must-visit destination for craft spirit lovers travelling to South East Queensland.
One of the standout creations from the tasting room is the Seymour Street Cocktail, which combines the unique flavours of eucalyptus syrup with our premium Greenhouse Gin. In this post, we'll share the Seymour Street Cocktail recipe so you can recreate it at home and transport yourself to the tropical paradise of the Gold Coast.
Recipe for Seymour Street Cocktail:
- 45ml/1.5 oz Granddad Jack's Greenhouse Gin
- 45ml/1.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 30ml/1 oz Eucalyptus Syrup
To make the Eucalyptus Syrup, you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of gum leaves
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Add the gum leaves, sugar, and water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Once the liquid has reached a boil and all the sugar has dissolved, rest it for 5 minutes and remove any leaves or debris.
- Measure the Greenhouse Gin, fresh lime juice, and eucalyptus syrup into a shaker with ice.
- Shake the mixture well and strain it into an ice-filled tumbler or double old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with eucalyptus leaf and juniper berries, and enjoy the taste of the Gold Coast in a glass.
At Granddad Jack's, we believe that a great cocktail is all about the quality of the ingredients. That's why we use our award-winning Greenhouse Gin, which is made using locally sourced botanicals and Australian grape marc. The addition of fresh lime juice and homemade eucalyptus syrup in this cocktail gives this drink a unique flavour that's both refreshing and invigorating.
If you're looking to recreate the Gold Coast vibe in your home, our Seymour Street cocktail is the perfect place to start. With this recipe, you can impress your friends and family with a delicious cocktail and convert the odd friend that tells you they "don't like gin". Seymour Street is incredibly easy to make and tastes like a tropical paradise. If you're short on time, and in the local area, our Seymour Street cocktail premixes are made fresh every week and available to purchase.
We hope you'll give our Seymour Street cocktail a try and experience the taste of the Gold Coast from the comfort of your own home.
For more cocktail recipes and information on our distillery, be sure to check out our posts and subscribe to the newsletter. And if you're ever in South East Queensland, make sure to stop by and visit us at Granddad Jack's on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane.